The mid-1800's saw many boats grounding on the dangerous shoals surrounding Baileys Harbor, WI. A pair of range lights were built in 1869 separated in distance and elevation. When the lights were aligned, the bearing provided safe passage into the harbor.
This photo-painting by Christopher Arndt is a derivative based on an original photograph by Robert Katrosits. Used by permission.
September 5th, 2014
Viewed 2,123 Times - Last Visitor from Syosset, NY on 09/23/2023 at 8:22 PM